Friday, December 5, 2008

What Do I Like Best about the Night?

Some say winter begins at the end of December. The way my eyes see it (peeking over two scarves and under two hats), winter is upon us. In honor of these long nights, I'd like to share a short celebration of the darkness, "What Do I Like Best about the Night?"

It comes from my CD of children's poems, Toenails, Teeth, & Tarantulas. Kris Kitko's musical accompaniments will enchant you! Soon, you can hear more music and poems through CD Baby. But in the mean time --

Happy winter. Happy darkness. Happy long, long nights!

To listen:
1) Use the player on the left.
2) Turn up the volume on your speakers.
3) Imagine yourself as a kid again. (This is for the child in your heart.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! It's so great to hear your voice. Are you doing another CD??????

Anonymous said...

let's start a list of what we all like best or like a lot about the night...me first...um, cold stars in the dark...

Karen Van Fossan said...

my turn (again??)

...tracing the moon across the sky...

Anonymous said...

What I like best about the night...

the feel of the dark against my thighs
in the niiiight
all right....

the smell of damp fog lying against the black bark of trees shadowed by midnight...

the taste of starlight floating beneath my fingertips...

Unknown said...

I like being in a place with no man made lights and seeing the stars covering the sky.

Anonymous said...

What I like best about the night (in the city).

Trees illuminated by street lights, and neon reflections off the street on a rain night.