Novels for Adults
* The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver; HarperPerennial; 1988.
* The Book of Dead Birds: A Novel by Gayle Brandeis; HarperCollins; 2003.
* Correcting the Landscape by Marjorie Kowalski Cole; HarperCollins; 2005.
* The Echo Maker by Richard Powers; Farrar, Straus, & Giroux; 2006.
* Kissing the Virgin's Mouth by Donna M Gershten; HarperCollins; 2001.
* PUSH by Sapphire; Vintage Contemporaries; 1996.
* The Red Azalea by Anchee Min; Berkley Books; 1995.
* A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris; Warner Books; 1987.
Nonfiction for Adults
* An Autobiography or the Story of My Experiments with Truth by M. K. Gandhi; translated by Mahadev Desai; Navajivan; 1927/2005.
* The Chalice and the Blade: Our History, Our Future by Riane Eisler; Harper & Row; 1987.
* Getting in Touch: The Guide to New Body-Centered Therapies edited by Christine Caldwell; Quest; 1997.
* Getting Our Bodies Back: Recovery, Healing, and Transformation through Body-Centered Psychotherapy by Christine Caldwell; Shambahala; 1996.
* Peace: 100 Ideas by Joshua C. Chen & Dr. David Krieger; CDA; 2004.
* Practicing Peace in Times of War by Pema Chodron; Shambhala; 2006.
* When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson & Susan McCarthy; Delacorte; 1995.
Books for Young People
* After Tupac & D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson; GP Putnam's Sons; 2008.
* Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden; Farrar, Straus and Giroux; 1982.
* Cool Women: The Thinking Girl's Guide to the Hippest Women in History edited by Pam Nelson; Girl Press; 1998.
* Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis; Scholastic; 2007.
* Hitler Youth: Growing Up in Hitler's Shadow by Susan Campbell Bartoletti; Scholastic; 2005.
* Holes by Louis Sachar; Frances Foster; 1998.
* Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata; Atheneum/Simon & Schuster; 2004.
* Marie in the Shadow of the Lion by Jerry Piasecki; United Nations; 2001.
* The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo; illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline; Candlewick Press; 2006.
* Peace Tales: World Folktakes to Talk About by Margaret Read MacDonald; Linnet Books; 1992.
* Rules by Cynthia Lord; Scholastic; 2006.
* Savvy by Ingrid Law; Dial; 2008.
* A Book of Hugs written and illustrated by Dave Ross; Thomas Y Crowell; 1980.
* The Peace Book written and illustrated by Todd Parr; Little, Brown & Co; 2004.
* Somewhere Today: A Book of Peace written by Shelley Moore Thomas; photographs by Eric Futran; Albert Whitman & Co; 1998.