© 2008 Karen Van Fossan
Today is the day I began to love mosquitoes. I mean, don't they love me after all? Don't they get all jumpy and expressive when I come around? They treat me like a rock star. So today I decided I'd love them back.
Ten real reasons I love mosquitoes:
10) I like to play connect-the-dots.
9) They don't know the difference between a president and a prisoner.
8) They give strangers something to talk about at the bus stop.
7) They're not as bad as chicken pox.
6) They're friendlier than some of my neighbors.
5) They help me keep up my speed on the 50-yard dash.
4) They remind me that small can be powerful.
3) They teach me that each creature exists for its own ends, not mine.
2) They keep me on my toes with my anger-management skills.
1) They rhyme with burritos.
There! Maybe tomorrow, I'll love Dick Cheney.